Joint Programmes - Activities by Country
27 January 2020
||On-Line Resource Centre for Africa-Europe Youth Co-operation
||Web-based resource centre with information about Africa-Europe youth co-operation, i.e. information about political and institutional frameworks, youth organisations active in this field in both continents, information about projects, inspirational practices, pedagogical resources, funding opportunities, etc.
The Action Plan (2012-2015) foresees the development of an online resource centre to serve the two-fold purpose of addressing both the needs of improving communication among the members and the communication with the external world.
The implementation of the online resource centre clearly identified the different target groups: the youth in general, the youth organisations (both the members of our networks and others) and the institutional interlocutors (the Council of Europe, The European Union, the African Union and the United Nations, as well as their Member States.
The general aim of AEYCO is to map relevant actors (institutional stakeholders, youth organisations, networks) in AEYC and foster capacity-building and cooperation between Africa and Europe organisations working towards the goals of the Africa-EU Strategy.
Furthermore, AEYCO is a tool for:
- giving visibility to Africa Europe Youth Cooperation and its main stakeholders;
- centralizing useful information such as stakeholders agendas and calendars, as well as calls and opportunities for partners and interested young people and youth organisations in order to foster cooperation;
- disseminating AEYC outcomes and priorities, by gathering and promoting academic research, political documents, information on the institutional framework and pedagogical resources;
- raising awareness about the thematic priorities in particularly the Millennium Development Goals, the successes and the shortcomings of the process so far and how the challenges affect young people;
- developing capacity-building of actors involved in AEYC;
- improving communication between AEYC stakeholders.
AEYCO seeks to be interactive, youth-friendly and inclusive. It was developed to promote continuous update and monitoring, transparency, knowledge sharing, capacity-building and a community of practices for AEYC.
||01/01/2014 - 30/12/2014
||Not applicable, Others
Bosnia and Herzegovina /
Czech Republic /
Republic of Moldova /
Russian Federation /
San Marino /
Slovak Republic /
''the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia'' /
Burkina Faso /
Cape Verde /
South Africa /
All Council of Europe member states
Joint Programme EC/CoE
NS Centre - JMA II - Joint management Agreement between the European Commission and the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe 2013-2015
||1 - 2013/DG II/JP/2872 Joint Management Agreement: Raising awareness of global interdependence and solidarity through global/development education and youth cooperation in Europe and beyond
||1.3 - Youth policies are developed and youth participation facilitated in line with the conclusions and Plan of Action for 2012-2015 adopted at the 2010 Africa-EU Youth Summit and at the 2011 youth leaders meeting
Council of Europe Programme of Activities
|Line of Action
Building capacities for dialogue - North South Centre
Directorate General of Democracy
||European Youth Forum - International NGO
Pan African Youth Union - International NGO
Network of International Youth Organisations in Africa - International NGO
Documents & links
||- Give visibility to Africa-Europe Youth Cooperation and its main stakeholders;
- Centralise useful information such as stakeholders’ agendas/programmes and calls for partners and participants in order to facilitate involvement in AEYC;
- Develop capacity-building of actors involved in AEYC;
- Foster cooperation, through partner finding, project counselling and dissemination of partnership and funding opportunities;
- Develop knowledge in the AEYC field, by gathering and promoting academic research, political documents, information on the institutional framework and pedagogical resources.
||- AEYC News: all AEYC online resource centre updates and news from registered members;
- Calendar: with agendas, meetings and other activities shared by registered members and confirmed by a moderator ;
- Contacts database: registration and validation of partners and organisations involved in AEYC in the resource centre;
- Partner finding tool: structured registration of organisations and their profile will be available online;
- Library: composed by different sections with background documents on AEYC, political framework, academic research, pedagogical resources, links to regular publications in the relevant fields and with a search system based on different entries (such as the thematic priorities of Africa-EU Strategic Partnership);
- Opportunities: organised by different opportunities such as calls for partners and participants, training opportunities; employment offers and funding opportunities;
- Good practices: sharing inspirational examples of projects, good practices, initiatives developed in the AEYC framework;
- Media centre: with a video channel, a photo gallery and other audio-visual resources;
- Interaction with social media: Linked to active Facebook and Twitter accounts and other social networks.
During 2014 a smartphone application and a survey tool were also developed.
||During 2015, AEYCO will be managed by an external consultant, in close co-operation with the Communication Officer and Youth Co-operation Programme Manager.
||Amalia Bento Martins - AEYCO Content Manager until Summer 2014 (Africa-Europe Youth Co-operation and Global Youth Work)
João Completo - AEYCO IT Manager until Summer 2014 (IT solutions)
Odile Grunert - AEYCO Manager Oct-Dec 2014
||N/A - 30431 unique visitors during 2014
|Total No. Participants
||* All reference to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with
United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.